Senior SQL Server Engineer
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudz — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudz has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudz is looking for an experienced Senior SQL Server Engineer to join our star team. We are looking for engineers with a strong understanding of the full data development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, development, and production deployment. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of SQL Server database engine with the desire and passion to continue honing these skills.
- Design, implement, and maintain database systems that are performant, scalable, resilient, and secure.
- Build logging, monitoring, alerting, and automation solutions to aid in the quick detection and resolution of production database issues.
- Promote database best practices to our engineering teams through participation in code and architecture reviews.
- Develop robust data backup and restore processes that ensure we never lose data.
- Provide database development environments that allow for quick and easy testing of new features and expose bugs before they are shipped.
- Perform regular database upgrades, maintenance, and tuning.
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the Senior SQL Server Engineer position:
- 7+ years of experience administering SQL Server databases.
- 4+ years of experience designing and managing SQL Server database engines.
- Strong understanding of database internals with the ability to diagnose performance issues and design scalable data access patterns.
- Experience working with application developers to tune SQL queries for improved performance.
- Expertise in managing OLTP databases in a high-tech environment.
- Practice working in a clustered environment with quorum-level knowledge.
- Proficiency in writing SQL, inspecting query plans, and improving query performance.
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as SQL and PowerShell.
- In-depth knowledge of a dynamic DevOps environment.
- Familiarity with industry-standard practices around secure database credential storage, access, and rotation.
- Understanding of cloud-hosted services such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience working with other components of SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, etc.)
- Practice of managing storage
- Expertise in managing VMs
- Understanding of other database engines
Who we are?
ABCloudz is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudz, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudz, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudz team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudz. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume