Solution Architect — Database Migration, Upgrade and Modernization
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudz — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudz has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudz is looking for an experienced Solution Architect who has both broad and deep knowledge of the database world and the cloud platform to join a team of world-class experts. This is a great opportunity to get exposed to multiple customer environments, be on the edge of IT transformation and cloud adoption.
This role requires close partnership and collaboration with other Data Engineers and Subject Matter Experts. You will need to maintain best practices and collaborate with the architecture and application teams to set the technical vision and target architecture.
- 10+ years of experience designing or developing data solutions
- Expertise with architecture and design of enterprise data-driven applications while providing technical leadership for database design, OLTP, and Data Warehouse implementations, with design, development process, and coding standards
- Deep knowledge of at least two database platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with multiple OS platforms like Windows, Unix/Linux or mainframe
- Good familiarity with either one of the cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) or other enterprise IT environments with a DevOps practice
- Experience capturing and documenting business and technical requirements and existing architecture and creating future state implementation documents
- Hands-on experience performing several of the following: backups, recovery, capacity planning, upgrades, job scheduling, performance tuning, and troubleshooting in a database environment
- Experience in product development or consulting delivery engagements is a big plus
- Experience in design and build server operating system solutions
Who we are?
ABCloudz is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudz, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudz, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudz team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudz. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume