Senior Big Data Engineer
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudz — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudz has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudz is looking for an experienced Senior Big Data Engineer to join our star team. As a Big Data Senior Developer, you will be working with clients to implement leading edge data analytics and cloud solutions across a range of industries. We are looking for software engineers with a strong understanding of the full data development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, development, and production deployment. The ideal candidate will have solid Spark and Scala development experience with the desire and passion to continue to learn big data technologies.
The exciting things you will get to do once employed as a Senior Big Data Engineer:
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting big data-oriented software applications
- Be Responsible for the ingestion, maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational and analytics databases. The ability to troubleshoot any existent issues will be a big plus
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our data warehouses
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation, and loading processes in production
- Create new systems and tools to enable the customer to consume and understand data faster
- Build, implement and support the data infrastructure; ingest and transform data (ETL/ELT process)
- Implement, troubleshoot, and optimize distributed solutions based on modern big data technologies like Spark, Scala, Storm, and Kafka in both on-premises and cloud deployment model to solve large scale processing problems
- Define and build large-scale near real-time streaming data processing pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision making within the business
- Work inside the team of industry experts on the cutting edge Big Data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at a massive scale
- Study data, identify patterns, make sense out of it and convert it to algorithms
- Designs and plans BI, and other Visualization Tools capturing and analyzing data from multiple sources to make data-driven decisions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots solutions
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance leading to improvement in an overall improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance
The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the Senior Big Data Engineer position:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7+ year’s relevant experience or equivalent
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Java and Spring framework
- Minimum of 4 years Java/J2EE software development experience in a complex enterprise system environment, building software from conception to production deployment
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in building data pipeline with Java and Spark
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka, Spark data manipulation, pipeline creation
- 2+ years of experience with traditional relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Need someone who is a self-starter and team player, capable of working with a team of Architects, Developers, Business/Data Analysts, QA, and client stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Hands-on experience working with Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Hands-on experience working within AWS, Azure, Google, or other Cloud Platform based on IaaS and PaaS Solutions.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Hands-on experience with DevOps solutions like Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Docker, and Microservices
- Intelligence and Visualization Space (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Cognos, SAP BOBJ, etc.)
- Passion for working with open-source technologies as well as commercial platforms
Who we are?
ABCloudz is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudz, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudz, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudz team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudz. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume