Oracle Database Engineer/DBA
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudZ — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudZ has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudZ is looking for an experienced Oracle Database Engineer/DBA to implement RHEL7 and Oracle 19C upgrades in the client-managed cloud environment using the client’s developed tools. Engineers will be expected to deploy upgrades and resolve issues when encountered and modify tooling to correct issues for each deployment cycle.
We are seeking talented individuals to support and deliver an Oracle 12-19c Database upgrade project. As such we are seeking people who are well-trained and motivated database administrators or engineers with strong AWS and scripting experience and can execute documented processes, capture and correct issues, add capabilities to tools for future deployments.
- Deploy OS upgrades to RHEL7 and Oracle upgrades, as well as migrating data to the new upgraded instances using tools and processes developed by the client’s engineering team.
- Diagnose and correct problems with the tools and scripts, to improve deployment tool efficiency.
- Ensure the databases are healthy pre and post-migration.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Applications teams during the upgrade project.
- Install, set up, and configure third-party tools for collecting and analyzing database performance and stability issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up, restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, and 19c in Linux operating systems in a large 24×7 production environment on AWS cloud.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Oracle database performance using AWR and ADDM reports, grid control.
- 5+ years of experience in developing automation tools using Perl, PHP, Python, or Ruby for a large production environment with 1,000+ servers.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and deploying automation tools using Bash, Python, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Git.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, SNS, AMI, IAM, KMS, Route 53, CloudWatch, and Lambda.
- Experience with Scrum development methodology with Jira.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- The following certifications: AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Solutions Architect.
- Experience in Linux and Windows administration including AD and ADF.
Who we are?
ABCloudZ is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudZ, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudZ, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudZ team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudZ. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume