Cloud Database Architect
Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudz — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudz has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudz is looking for an experienced Cloud Database Architect to work with one of our customers in the US.
- Support customer sales conversations on calls and visits with technical insight
- Author high-level architectural designs, and project plans and work-packages
- Manage and hire team members; for both the client and the company
- Manage automation git libraries orchestrating database deployments using Ansible, Terraform, and Bash
- 10+ years of experience working with MySQL, subject matter expert level required. This role is expected to be the authority on the subject for the client as well as ABCloudz
- ProxySQL and MySQL orchestrator experience will be a big plus
- Background working on high availability and DR environments
- Solid scripting background, Bash / Python preferred.
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience with leading design, refactoring, or migration of databases in cloud infrastructures and services for at least one of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google GCP (preferred)
- Strong communication skills to both lead investigation and create and communicate new designs to customers and technical teams, combined with proven skills to create clear, detailed, concise documentation, such as architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of modeling and communication tools
- Extensive experience leading large distributed teams from start to finish through both technical leadership and personal coaching
- Prior consulting experience managing large teams and presenting to customers at C-level
Will be a plus
- Technical background in open source databases other than MySQL, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CockroachDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Jenkins and Terraform experience
- Broad IT industry exposure in different verticals, public speaking is a plus
- Solid architectural understanding of high availability and DR deployments
Who we are?
ABCloudz is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudz, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudz, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudz team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudz. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume