Are you excited about data? Do you think cloud adoption is changing the way people and companies do business? Do you like being involved in solving complex business problems by creating advanced and innovative technical solutions?
If yes — we’ve got a solution for you!
Join ABCloudz — a full-service company helping customers modernize legacy applications, create new solutions, and manage data, applications, and infrastructure anywhere. With close to 300 engineers and consultants in 4 countries, ABCloudz has expertise with modernizations to Azure, AWS, and GCP, BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, Application Development, DevOps, and Managed Services. Taking care of data for customers to make sure it’s secure, available, consistent, and managed in a cost-effective manner with mitigated risks — this is in our DNA. So if you enjoy working with data and considering what’s your next career move, we’ll be thrilled to talk to you!
ABCloudz is looking for an experienced Application Administrator with application operations experience and sysadmin skills. Work will mostly consist of deploying applications and associated software upgrades to instances in the client-managed cloud environment, as well as deploying packaged updates using tools, where available, and manual intervention.
- Focus on delivering high uptime for our customers.
- Execute operational and project activities consisting of software and application upgrades, as well as patching deployments.
- Execute assigned work based on a plan, and designated maintenance window.
- Follow change management standards.
- Follow runbooks for common tasks.
- Recommend improvements to runbooks.
- Participate in handoff processes and calls to ensure service delivery objectives are met consistently across all global teams.
- Interface with Cloud Assurance Managers, Application Managers, Project Leaders, and peers to ensure appropriate prioritization and quality.
- Report problems when incidents are recognized repeatedly at a given customer or across multiple customers.
- Participate in scheduled incident postmortems.
- Participate in postmortem meetings and discussions, providing and documenting details from the incident.
- Provide technical detail and assist with documenting agreed upon the root cause.
- Provide technical detail and assist with documenting agreed upon preventative measures.
- Provide technical detail and assist with documenting a method of procedure in the event of a similar future incident.
- 4+ years of experience working on Cloud (preferably AWS), relational databases (preferably Oracle), and web servers (preferably Tomcat).
- Excellent understanding of application architecture, ability to troubleshoot issues rapidly in a production environment. Identify root cause and develop a permanent fix.
- Experience with automation using Python, Shell, or similar tools.
- Strong System, networking, DBMS, and coding fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, or similar deployment tools.
- Openness for 24×7 Support.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification.
- Strong verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail.
- B.S in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services with AWS certification (AWS Certified DevOps, AWS Certified SysOps or AWS Solutions Architect certification).
Who we are?
ABCloudz is a global full-service company operating at the cutting edge of the latest application development and data management technologies. At ABCloudz, we believe optimal data environments are the greatest competitive advantage, and our Solutions Architects have experience with building enterprise-grade systems.
It is why our team has dedicated ourselves to helping hundreds of organizations – from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – with architecting cloud solutions, developing web and mobile applications, optimizing complex data workloads, and managing workloads on an on-going basis — no matter where those datasets may reside.
Join an always-growing company to operate on the cutting-edge of information technologies, cloud services, application development, and digital infrastructure. At ABCloudz, we created a perfect environment to raise your professional skills, understand new technologies, and work with world-class companies.
Our expertise covers all major cloud and on-premises and databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, AWS, and GCP solutions. Our prolific developers are focused on delivering the best possible digital solutions leveraging our expertise with BI, Advanced Analytics, AI, Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and Managed Services.
Our mission is to help businesses accurately, efficiently, and reliably build, move, and manage data workloads. The trusted ABCloudz team now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and offices in San Francisco, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
Your dream job not found?
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening? Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at ABCloudz. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.Send resume